Sudarkina Olga Yurievna | Institute of Molecular Genetics
Doctor of Philosophy (Biology)
without academic rank
Division of IMG:
Laboratory of molecular human genetics
Main research interests
Work is being devoted to studies of the human sphingomyelin synthase 1 gene structure and expression. The structure and tissue-specific expression of several alternative mRNA and non-coding transcripts of the gene were determined. Method of sphingomyelin synthase 1 protein detection in human tissues was developed and the tissue-specific expression of the protein was shown.
- Filippenkov IB, Sudarkina OY, Limborska SA, Dergunova LV. Circular RNA of the human sphingomyelin synthase 1 gene: Multiple splice variants, evolutionary conservatism and expression in different tissues. RNA Biol. 2015 Sep 2;12(9):1030-42.
- Sudarkina OY, Filippenkov IB, Brodsky IB, Limborska SA, Dergunova LV. Comparative analysis of sphingomyelin synthase 1 gene expression at the transcriptional and translational levels in human tissues. Mol Cell Biochem. 2015 Aug;406(1-2):91-9.
- Rozhkova AV, Filippenkov IB, Sudarkina OY, Limborska SA, Dergunova LV. Alternative promoters localised in SGMS1 gene introns take part in regulation of its expression in human tissues. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2015 Mar-Apr;49(2):325-33.
- Sudarkina OY, Dergunova LV. Preparation of human tissue protein extracts enriched with the sphingomyelin synthase 1. Mol Gen Mikrobiol Virusol. 2015;33(2):38-41.
- Dergunova LV, Rozhkova AV, Sudarkina OY, Limborska SA. The use of alternative polyadenylation in the tissue-specific regulation of human SMS1 gene expression. Mol. Biol. Rep. 2013 Dec;40(12):6685-90
- Rozhkova AV, Dmitrieva VG, Zhapparova ON, Sudarkina OY, Nadezhdina ES, Limborska SA, Dergunova LV. Human sphingomyelin synthase 1 gene (SMS1): organization, multiple mRNA splice variants and expression in adult tissues. Gene. 2011 Aug 1;481(2):65-75
- Sudarkina OIu, Kurmanova AG, Kozlov IuV. Obtaining and characterization of the B-chains of mistletoe toxic lectins. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2007 Jul-Aug;41(4):666-73.
- Kozlov IuV, Sudarkina OIu, Kurmanova AG. Ribosome-inactivating lectins from plants. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2006 Jul-Aug;40(4):711-23. Review.
- Kourmanova A.G., Soudarkina O.J., Olsnes S. and Kozlov J.V. 2004. Cloning and characterization of the genes encoding toxic lectins in mistletoe (Viscum album L.). Eur. J. Biochem. 271: 2350–2360.
- Soudarkina O., Kourmanova A., Olsnes S. and Kozlov Yu. 2004. The mistletoe lectine gene family: cloning of three variants of the genes. In: Advances in Molecular Cell Biology, Moscow: Max Press; 173-189.